Kleinfelder’s San Diego office (previously Simon Wong Engineering) has an opening for a dynamic and eager to grow entry-level Structural Engineer to join our team!
Kleinfelder is an employee-owned architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world’s complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employee-owners with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder’s reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry. Working as a team, Kleinfelder’s bright people will deliver the right solutions.
- Provide structural and seismic analysis to qualify designs to code requirements
- Analyze and interpret analysis results and prepare formal calculations and technical reports, including construction specifications, material procurement specifications, calculations and estimates.
- Compute loads or material stress factors to establish design specifications.
- Producing detailed design calculations and sketches for materials of construction associated with the project. Calculations produced will be neatly prepared and organized for efficient checking by others and efficient use by drafters/designers for preparing drawings and as a deliverable when required.
- Producing construction specifications
- 0-3 years of experience in structural engineering.
- Proficient use of RISA 3D, SAP, or similar software to perform structural analysis.
- Course work in designing steel, concrete, and masonry structures and related connections
- Experience in analyzing equipment and structures for seismic and wind related loads
- Knowledge of IBC requirements and related structural codes.
Education: Master’s degree preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
To apply, go to www.kleinfelder.com and visit the Careers web page.