JOB TITLE: Project Engineer – Structural Modeling Specialist
LOCATION: Mission Viejo, CA
• Do the right things for the right reasons
• Are a great Team Player
• Take pride in your work
• Enjoy helping others succeed
• Allow you to learn and grow
• Care about people first
• Celebrate your success
• Accomplish amazing things by working together
SidePlate Systems is seeking a dynamic Project Engineer – Structural Modeling Specialist to join our People First team.
SidePlate Systems, Inc., a subsidiary of MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is driven to create trusted partnerships that are stronger than steel. By harnessing our 20 years of expertise and innovation, we are able to limit liability, improve performance and deliver sophisticated steel frame solutions that save our clients time and money. Our customer service oriented and empowered teammates develop and produce steel designs and contract documents for new and retrofit structures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review, evaluate and modify structural analysis computer models provided to SidePlate by Engineer of Record.
• Create structural analysis computer models using preliminary drawings and/or design criteria.
• Develop efficient gravity and lateral steel frame solutions.
• Prepare cost comparisons vs. other structural systems to assist in determining financial feasibility of project.
• Support the sales staff and act as a liaison between sales staff and engineering team.
• Ability to interact at a high level of professionalism with others; including co-workers, vendors and customers.
• Attendance during regular work hours and overtime required.
• Participate in occasional field visits to observe SidePlate connection fabrication and erection.
A minimum of 3 years of experience in structural engineering, along with a bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering and a California PE License is preferred. It is also preferred that you have an excellent understanding of statics, dynamics and structural load path as well as a sound working knowledge of structural engineering software platforms, including RAM, ETABS or SAP to analyze building structures. Also, required is an ability to use Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
Office Hours & Travel:
Full Time, limited travel, Monday-Friday
Please indicate your interest by submitting your resume via email to Pam Prince at email@example.com. Selections
will be made based on a combination of skills, knowledge, and abilities.
SidePlate is an E-Verify, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law