REID MIDDLETON, INC., is a civil and structural engineering firm with a 60-year history of service to public and private clients throughout the Pacific Rim, including Hawaii and Alaska. We are headquartered in Everett, Washington with additional offices in Spokane, WA; San Diego, CA; Anchorage, AK; and Honolulu, HI. We have a culture of hard working and highly motivated people who are committed to each other’s success. We believe in flexible work schedules, celebrating our successes, and enjoying our time away from work.
Our firm’s market-focused organization includes a diverse portfolio of Aviation, Civic/Municipal, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Industrial, Military, Transportation, and Waterfront projects. Please refer to www.reidmiddleton.com for more information about our portfolio.
Project Engineer, Structural Engineering
Location: San Diego, CA
We have been actively working in the Southern California region for the last 10 years. The steady growth of our structural engineering practice has created opportunities for challenging design, project management, business development, and professional growth in our recently opened San Diego, CA, office. The right candidate has a unique opportunity for professional growth within a well established, employee-owned, professional design firm.
Requirements for this position include the following:
• Experienced Professional Civil or Structural Engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in structural design.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Knowledge of ETABS, SAP, SAFE, REVIT BIM, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office software.
• Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering (preferred).
• Licensing as a Professional Engineer in the State of California (preferred).
Primary responsibilities include the following:
• Structural Engineering design.
• Development of design drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
• Preparation of design documents and technical reports.
• Coordinating and leading technical and professional staff.
• Assistance with the preparation of project proposals.
• Project development and management.
• Performing construction administration of designed projects.
• Coordinating subconsultants.
The successful candidate must be highly qualified, motivated, and experienced. They must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to participate within a team of engineers and drafters to engage in structural analysis and design of structural systems in concrete, wood, masonry, and steel.
The candidate must also have the ability to work independently and use initiative to find solutions to engineering problems.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.reidmiddleton.com. We are also on Facebook and LinkedIn. Links to those sites and our Reid Our Blog are on the home page of our website.
To apply for this position, visit our website www.reidmiddleton.com, click on the “Careers” page, and follow the instructions for APPLYING.
Reid Middleton is a federal contractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).