Save the Date for the 2017 SEAOC Convention!
September 13-15, 2017
at the Hilton Resort & Spa at Mission Bay
2016-2017 SEAOSD Board of Directors
President ~ Mike Braund
Vice President ~ Curtis Patterson
Treasurer ~ Peter Carlson
Past President ~ Ryan Turner
Director 2016-2018 ~ Luvelyn Benitez
Director 2016-2018 ~ Jeremy Callister
Director 2015-2017 ~ Steve Kerr
Director 2015-2017 ~ Lisa Bridge
Executive Director ~ Heather Caya
SEAOSD Members: 2017 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards – Call For Entries
It’s not too early to start preparing for the 2017 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards!
Please visit click here SEAOSD_2017_EiSE_Entry_Packet to download the entry packet.
Entries are due Thursday April 27th, 2017
SEAOSD is proud to announce a few key changes this year…
- The SEAOSD Awards entry process has been combined with the state level SEAOC Awards program. This new integrated program is now a two-tiered process to truly reveal the best of the best of structural engineering excellence in California.
- Projects must be submitted to the SEAOC/SEAOSD Awards program. There will no longer be a separate application for the SEAOC Awards. Projects that win a Regional (SEAOSD) award will be automatically advanced to the SEAOC Awards program.
- The only entry fee is the SEAOC/SEAOSD Awards entry fee of $150. No additional entry fee will be required for advancement to the SEAOC Awards.
- Display boards are no longer optional and are due at the same time as the electronic submission materials.
- The winners of the SEAOC/SEAOSD Awards will be displayed at the 2017 SEAOC Convention hosted right here in San Diego! This is a chance for your firm to shine in front of all Convention attendees in our own back yard.
The 2016 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards
Congratulations to our winners!
Excellence in Sustainable Design – Clea House, Nakhshab Development & Design
Excellence in Landmark Structures – Otay – Tijuana Cross Boarder Xpress, Hope- Amundson
Certificate of Merit in New Construction & People’s Choice – Sempra Energy Headquarters, KPFF
Certificate of Merit in Infrastructure – SD Rental Car Center, Kleinfelder and WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
04-18-16 SEAOSD Click here to see last year’s winners in the San Diego Business Journal
2017 SEAOSD Golf Tournament
SAVE THE DATE
April 17, 2017 at Twin Oaks
U.S. Resiliency Council: “Improving the Built Environment and Promoting Community Resilience”
Article by: Mike Braund